Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring is here...at least in Nevada!

So much has happened since I last posted. In December Sheramie was offered an internship out of state. So come January me and the kids braved the Rexburg winter and stayed while he went off to finish his graduation requirements and enjoy some warmer weather. (hence the reason for my lack of blogging - a single mother of two youngsters, working full-time, trying to stay sane, keep the house clean, kids healthy and get our home packed in my free time) After a month of working for this company, he was offered a full time job with benefits starting in May (after his internship ended). Our housing contract in Rexburg ended April 9, so I continued to work and hold down the home front in Rexburg until we could be together again.
So on April 7, four years since my graduation and almost four years of working for BYU-Idaho, I quit my job as the graduation clerk for the University. I accepted a huge promotion and now will be a stay-at-home mom to my two wonderful children. Sheramie has graduated with his BS in Mechanical Engineering, and will continue to take classes towards his Masters. On Friday, April 8, Sheramie got in around 3 am on and we loaded the moving van that afternoon. Then on Saturday morning we left Rexburg! (Keep in mind I moved there in June 2001-so I am thrilled to be somewhere new) I had the kids in the car and Sheramie in the moving van. We made the 10.5 hour drive in only 12 hours!
I want to say thank you to everyone who helped me these past few months. My mom who came to help watch my kids for a month, my friends who babysat my kids, neighbors who shoveled the snow or scraped the ice from my windshield and my mother-in-law who came at the last minute to help us with the kids and pack.
I had a wonderful birthday on Sunday, much of it was spent unpacking the moving van into our storage unit and organizing our apartment, but my husband and kids treated me like a queen that day and the best gift is that we are together as a family again. We are going out to dinner to celebrate later this week after we get settled. Hearing my two year old sing happy birthday was also a wonderful gift that night!
I enjoyed my job and all the people I worked with. I will miss them, but know this is where I need to be and where my family needs me. We are blessed to have this job and are grateful for the many opportunities it will continue to give us. We are grateful to be living under the same roof again and who knows maybe we'll see if we can get a bigger roof soon!

10 comments:

Amiee said...

Very exciting news!! Congratulations Sheramie for graduating and Congratulations Jessica for sticking through it! You are both awesome and even though we didn't end up hanging out much here in Rexburg, we will still miss ya! Good luck with everything!

Jandi said...

What an exciting year you've had! Congrats to you both!! What part of Nevada are you in?

The Miche's said...

That is so exciting! I bet you are so glad to be under the same roof again! Where in Nevada are you guys? We are in St. George. Good luck with the unpacking and have fun with your new career it is the best!

Jessica said...

Jandi- We are living in the Reno area up in northern Nevada.

tara said...

Jessica that is so exciting! I am so happy that you get to stay home with your kids...I am sad I didn't see you before you left!! Good timing leaving BYU-I...right at graduation :)

you need to post pics of your kids!

love,
tara

Brittany said...

I'm so happy to hear you made it to Reno safely, Jessica. We miss you already! But I'm so glad you're all together again. Happy belated birthday!

Love, Britt

Becci and Josh said...

We will miss you guys SOOOO MUCH!!!!! BraeLynn's already asking when she can see madison again! We definitely need to do our camping trip in august!! We love you guys and are so happy things have worked out so well for you!!!

Whitney said...

Wow! It's been quite the year for you and your family! I'm so glad that you are all back together again and that you are able to stay at home with your kids! What a blessing! I'm so excited for you and your new adventure! Enjoy Nevada!

Shad and Brittany said...

WHEW!!! That sounds hard. I bet you are SO glad to be together once again.

Brittney and Lance said...

Wow! A lot did happen since your last post! I'm so excited for you guys. Congratulations on the job. You are super woman Jessica. I throw a fit when I have to be home by myself for just a few days :-) So happy that you can be with your whole family again.