Friday, May 13, 2011

Lake Tahoe

I can hardly believe a month has already gone by. For Easter weekend we made a drive to Utah for my younger brothers baby girl's blessing. It was fun to stay with my grandparents and introduce them to Miles and Madison loved seeing her Grandma and Grandpa "Grape" and has asked to go back a few times. Her "Grape" grandma even made her Mickey Mouse pancakes---what could be better than that!
We spent Saturday in Salt Lake City with my Aunt Kathy, my parents, Jacob, his wife and their sweet baby and all the Wooten girls. We watched the new Joseph Smith movie, and it really was well done. We also got to see the new exhibit they had of the inside of the Salt Lake Temple in the Visitor Center. It was remarkable and very cool to see. We also stopped for a quick tour of the Beehive house, something we hadn't done since we took my older brother to the MTC. We missed Isaac and his family-who are still living in Texas. It was a great weekend with Grandma Wooten taking care of us as always with a great family luncheon after the blessing.


Not much has changed, we are still here in the Reno, NV area and loving all the fun things to do. A couple of weekends ago we took a Saturday drive up to Lake Tahoe...it is about the same distance as Three Rivers and the Giant Sequoia's from my hometown of Visalia! It was so beautiful up there. As we made the drive we passed some snow on the side of the road...I was a little skeptical as to what the weather would hold for us by the lake. I was greatly surprised. It was a little chilly, but nothing a sweater and flip flops can't handle. Madison loved throwing rocks into the beautiful blue water, we had a picnic and just enjoyed spending time together as a family.

Sheramie loves his job and the people he works with. We are truly blessed that he was able to get a full-time job right after graduation. It is a joy to stay home, but I have realized that you must be highly motivated to be a stay at home mom, as there can be a lot of down time during the day, especially if the kids still don't have a set schedule and their naps are staggered. I miss my friends from work, but home is where I need to be. I treasure this time I have with my children and realize how quickly they grow up. Madison will be 2 1/2 next month and Miles is almost a year old. How did that happen?
oops...the baby has awoken...until next time....

2 comments:

Melissa and Erick Avila said...

Jess, your kids are adorable!!! I'm glad that Sheramie was able to get a job so quickly. That is a huge blessing. Hope all is well with you.

Eliza said...

It is so good to hear that you are doing well! I'm glad that the job is working out and that Madison got to throw rocks. :) Miss you, but am so glad for you.
-Eliza