Monday, November 1, 2010

Winter is Coming....

I can hardly believe how quickly time flies. We spent most of my maternity leave traveling the globe...well at least the Western part of the United States. Visiting grandparents and aunts,uncles and cousins. We loved spending time in Washington and California and were grateful for all the extra help. (and me all the extra rest)
I've been back at work for a month and December Graduation is just around the corner. Sheramie is taking his final courses and looking for an internship for next semester. Madison is growing up quick, she will be two in a month and a half. She has recently decided to potty train herself and is doing really well. She is very kind to her brother and is constantly worried if he is okay. Miles is growing like crazy and is wearing 9 month old clothes, he is so tall, and we have no idea where he got that gene.
Halloween was really fun this year, on Saturday night we visited a couple trunk or treats. One with our friends the Wildings, and then one in our complex. Sheramie left around 5 am to take the FE exam and made it back about 7:30 to catch the end of our trunk or treating. Madison is usually very shy around strangers, she hides behind us or starts crying, so I wasn't sure how trick or treating was going to go. She loved it, all she had to do was hold out her bag and people would put candy in it.

Which brings me to my next thought....how is it that we teach our kids not to take candy from strangers...except on Halloween. Granted it is our ward, but Madison doesn't know the difference from the gorilla or wicked witch and Brother and Sister so & so...
Sunday night we carved pumpkins, I think they turned out pretty good. Sheramie did one, you can probably tell which one... I did three. Aunt Erica asked me to carve hers too...maybe later. Next year we may just have 2 pumpkins.
There was snow one afternoon in October, it didn't stick. So far so good! Until next time...

3 comments:

Allison said...

Your kids are adorable Jess and especially in their Halloween outfits! Love it

Shad and Brittany said...

So cute!!! You're kids are so adorable! I could just eat them up! I think our little guys are only a month apart. Easton was born August 16th. . .How fun! Love and miss you JessQ

Brittany

steveandjonelle said...

I love the costumes!!! What cute kids. How is it being the mother of two!