Saturday, August 7, 2010

Miles Mason


Miles was born on July 13 at 7:39 am. He was 8 pounds 19.5 inches long. It was a planned repeat c-section and everything went well. During my lunch break on Monday I went to the hospital to get my lab work done, and all my pre-admittance work. We left the apartment around 5 am with Grandma Wooten on Tuesday morning and checked into the hospital. It was quite the difference experience having a scheduled surgery, where with Madison after 16 hrs of labor it became an emergency and I didn't have time to think much about it. The nurses were kind and before I knew it I was being wheeled in to the operating room around 7 am. The Dr.'s were chatting with me like it was another regular office visit. Sheramie stayed by my side throughout the whole operation. I heard our sweet baby boy cry and I even got to see him this time before they took him away to be cleaned. I was given some medicine and took a short nap while they finished closing up the incision. I was back in the room with my husband and mom and new baby boy when I woke up.

We stayed in the hospital for 3 days and 2 nights. Home recovery was different this time, especially with a toddler. My 3 sisters came to help and were such a blessing taking Madison to the playground and out for walks. My mom helped keep me sane, and we are grateful for all they did around the apartment. Shearmie had finals the week after we got home, so it was such a blessing to have them there with us.
We did a couple of fun things with my mom and sisters while they were here. We went to the Zoo and fed the ducks down at the nature park. Madison went to the Splash Park one day and enjoyed playing and getting to know her aunts. 2 of my sisters had birthday's while they were here so that was fun. It was nice to have family close, even if it was just for a few weeks.

Miles is a good baby. He sleeps a lot (during the day) and rarely cries unless he is cold or hungry. He puts himself to sleep after he eats at night, and is such a blessing. It's hard to imagine him not in our family. Madison loves Miles, she gives him kisses and says "luv you" often. If he whimpers or makes any type of noise, she is the first one by his side saying "baby ok?"

She also wanted all her stuffed animals to have diapers on like her baby brother, and she will cradle them and burp them and help them go "Nigh Nights".
We had Miles blessing on August 1, 2010 and most of the family came, we were sad some couldn't but were grateful for those that did.
After the blessing Sheramie's family headed home that afternoon and mine left Monday.
We are grateful to our families for all their love and support. Sheramie and I count ourselves truly blessed.

13 comments:

Amiee said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable!! I would love to meet him sometime!

Brittney and Lance said...

Love the pictures! Congratulations you guys. Your family is beautiful. Are you going to be going back to work Jessica?

Sheramie and Jessica said...

Yes, I go back in October. Sheramie finishes up all course work this Fall though, so hopefully I can stay home with my two kids sooner than later. :)

Nicole said...

Congrats you guys! He's beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Sounds like things went very well and you are recovering fast. He is so precious. Enjoy your cute little ones.

Whitney said...

I'm glad things went so much better this time around! He's such a cute little guy, and Madison looks like she's such a proud big sister! Congrats! Have fun enjoying your sweet babies!

tara said...

Jessica...he so SOOOO cute. I need to come by sometime and see your family! I love his name too :)...was it easier this time around picking one??

***Tara

Becci and Josh said...

I can't wait to have madison back and have miles spend time at my place, although I am sure you CAN definitely wait to get back to work! December is not that far away though when Sheramie graduates, just remember that. We miss you guys, hope you are having a great time in washington then in California!

Shad and Brittany said...

Congrats on the new addition. He is beautiful!

Elaine said...

jess, congrats! We both had big babies this time, mine was 8.1. Hope you are hanging in there! Thinking of you~

Sarah said...

I love that picture of Miles and Madison on his blessing day. Congrats again - let me know when you're back in town so we can hang out, see some cows, you know awesome stuff like that

steveandjonelle said...

He is such a handsome guy! Good work!

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

Oh my gosh! 1st i found your blog! WAHOO!! 2nd you have such BEAUTIFUL kids! 3rd Madison looks just like you to me!!

Congratulations on your beautiful little Miles! Boys are fun and so busy! Just love it!

Hope you are doing so great! Sending your adorable little family lots of love!