Friday, February 3, 2012

February already?

Christmas was spent in Visalia, CA this year with my parents and sisters. We had a lot of fun and the kids were of course very spoiled. Sheramie only had the Monday after Christmas off this year, the kids and I stayed and played with my sisters and parents for a little while after.
The New Year was spent with a couple of sick kids, both of them got the flu within a few days of each other, I joined the flu celebration shortly thereafter.
Since being home we have been enjoying our snow free winter. There is snow up in the mountains, but none down where we live-the way it should be! We will hopefully take a snow Saturday soon and enjoy some sledding with the kids!
Miles is enjoying Nursery at church. He plays some with the other kids, but mostly enjoys being by himself. It is really weird to not be chasing a baby at church during the second & third hour. Sunday school is almost like a mini-date with my husband!
In December of last year they started taking the older nursery kids into Primary during the last hour - Madison hated it. The kids were so big, she had to sit very still in a chair, she couldn't sing her fun songs anymore and her Nursery routine was interrupted. I was called to be the RS pianist, and so I would play the prelude and opening hymn, be asked to sit with my crying daughter in Primary, and then would end up taking her back with me to play the closing hymn. I also had Miles with me if Sheramie was teaching in Priesthood-good times. I was nervous for the new year, but I knew she would love it if she just gave it a shot.
I am happy to report that Madison loves Sunbeams, her teacher is the best one we could ever dream of. She helps Madison feel special and she really loves singing time now and class time too!
We still are doing a home preschool during Miles morning nap for about an hr M-F and she really likes it. We also try to do a holiday craft at least 2-3 times a week. We will be making Valentine's Day cards for our "Grape" (great)-grandparents and grandparents today.
We are going to start joining in our ward play group on Wednesdays next week and that will be nice to have a little bit of a change-up during the week.
That's all for now-Hope everyone is doing well--wish we all lived closer!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

WOO so glad to hear you are doing well! So fun. Sydney just went into nursery as well. I have enjoyed being childless. It is like you have to re-learn how to go to church without children. It has been 3 weeks or so.....and yesterday I was called to nursery... Ya, peaceful church- bye-bye.