Monday, December 12, 2011

Catching up!

Fall & Winter Activities
One of the great things about living in this area is all the outdoor space. One afternoon in September we went for a drive and found a good place to hike near a lake. Sheramie brought his hammock and the kids loved it. We had a picnic and just enjoyed a Saturday afternoon together.
October
October was a fun month. My parents and sister came up the weekend of the 15th and we celebrated my parents birthday's! My mom, sister and I went to Time out for Women here in Reno for two days and it was a blast. I really enjoyed all the speakers and Hilary Weeks was the musical entertainment. It was really a lot of fun and I am glad they came.
We went to a pumpkin patch and corn maze on Saturday before heading out for mom's birthday dinner. It was fun to have my parents here to visit and it was nice to have Aunt Danni here too!

Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze
Halloween 2011
Halloween was pretty fun with the kids this year. I made Madison's costume, and I think it turned out pretty good. She wanted to be Princess Minnie Masquerade, from one of her movies. She also wanted to be a Fairy Princess Minnie...maybe next year! Miles was a dragon and was pretty excited to have his face painted.

We went to a church Halloween party the Friday before Halloween and the kids liked being able to go trick or treating to all the different classrooms. Different families decorated the classrooms, some were a little too scary for Miles and Madison, but once they got the "trick or treat" = candy, they were willing to go into any room!
We only had about 3 trick or treaters on Halloween, which was fine, except for the 2 Costco bags of candy in our cauldron. Watching a little Hocus Pocus ended the evening.

Thanksgiving
November consisted of us mainly in Washington. One Monday morning around 5 am I woke up, Sheramie finished packing the truck, and I got the kids ready. I drove the 12 hour trip in about 15 hours with the two kids to Shearmie's parents house in south eastern Washington. I stopped in Caldwell Idaho to visit my cousin Traci and her two kids. It was a nice break for the kids and it was fun to catch up with her-I miss living near her.
It was a lot of fun to spend time with Sheramie's family, as we had not been there since last Christmas. The kids really enjoyed grandma and grandpa Tinsley. Madison got to ride on a tractor with grandpa (wish I had got a picture) and spent the evenings with Grandma and her cousin, giggling and watching movies. It snowed once while we were there, but didn't stay longer than a day or two. I got to spend time with two of my sister-in-laws and had a lot of fun laughing and getting to know each other a little better.
Snow
Sheramie flew out to meet us on Thanksgiving morning, it was nice to be together again. Over that weekend Sheramie's brother Shad and I made a headboard for our master bedroom. I love it! We got all the materials at Home Depot and despite my "help" it turned out beautiful! Sheramie painted and added some lights to it once we got home-it looks great!
Headboard
Christmas
We set up our tree once we got home, and the kids surprisingly don't bother it. Miles seems pretty mesmerized with the lights. We're almost ready for Christmas, the only things left to get are a couple stocking stuffers and a gift for my dad.
We'll head out on Christmas Eve to my parents house and stay there for a bit. I am excited to see all my sisters as they'll be coming home from school. My brothers will not be home for Christmas this year, we'll miss them and their families.
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and enjoys any time they can spend with families and friends!

This little princess of ours will be 3 this week! She is so sweet and full of energy! We love her and feel so blessed to have her in our family! Happy Birthday sweetheart!

Here's a couple more pics of the kids! Enjoy!

Madison wearing my Grandpa Boppy's U.S. Navy hat
Boppy's sailor hat
Why is it kids are always happier once pictures are over and they're in their jammies?

6 comments:

Kent Family said...

Madison is so beautiful and is looking so grown up. Miles is such a cutie! I sure miss seeing you everyday.

Brittany Creel Clinton said...

It's so good to hear you guys are doing well. Madison is going to be a little heart breaker, and Miles looks so much like his daddy! What a darling family you have. I hope you have a very, merry Christmas!

Elaine said...

Woo- Such fun & exciting things happening at your house. Hello! In love with Madison's sailor dress~ Miss you

Whitney said...

Love the update!!! Your kids are adorable and I miss you like crazy!! It looks like we'll be in V-town at the same time! We should try and get together!

Shad and Brittany said...

Your kids are SO adorable!!! Miss you JessQ.

love ya,
Bert

Stephanie said...

So true, my kids would love it if I let them wear their jammies all day long. Such great fun you guys have had. Thanks for updating. Good to see what is going on in life. Your kiddos are darling.