Monday, October 19, 2009

project couch

After 2 years of marriage, we decided maybe we needed a couch. So we found one..paid $20 for it and said, oh yeah we can re-upholster that. For 20 in upholstery fabric we have a new couch for only $40!
Now if any of you have covered a a chair or made curtains it's not really that intense...but re-doing an entire couch--now that is a chore.
Here is the before...

some of the in-between...

and the after...

a little elbow grease, and lot of sewing it turned out pretty good. (If I do say so myself) however, next time we will save a bit longer and buy a new one :)

4 comments:

Shante said...

i'm super impressed. now come visit me and help me recover a wingback chair for my front room.

Sawyers said...

WOW!!! That's some amazing talent right there!

Anonymous said...

jess, i could NEVER in my whole life redo a couch. NEVER. you've turned out to be quite the seamstress. watch out or you'll be buying bobbin's and doing prom dresses

Whitney said...

Awesome job! Wanna come do some for me?!